Sidwell Friends School, a coeducational Quaker day school founded in 1883, seeks a part-time seasonal Softball Head Coach for the Washington, D.C. campus. Leading with Sidwell Friends School (SFS) values, the Softball Head Coach reports to the Athletics Director and is responsible for initiating various aspects of the Softball Program such as recruiting Sidwell athletes; scheduling opponents; training and coaching the Varsity team; training and coaching 7th-12th grade players; participating in the selection and evaluation process for 2-3 seasonal softball coaches; participating in professional development activities that add value to coaching performance; and attending mandatory meetings, other training, and SFS community programming.
- Represent Sidwell Friends and the Softball Program professionally in all aspects, including during the recruitment of Sidwell scholars, training, and coaching the members of the Softball Program—model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the Softball Program; assess players’ skills and assign team positions; and determine game strategy, based on the team’s capabilities and follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions; organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Plan, organize, and con
- 1-3 years experience as an assistant or head softball coach at the middle and high school levels.
- Demonstrate effective coaching skills and techniques, and be knowledgeable of the rules, regulations, and strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Available to work Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 1:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. or after games end and Tuesday 12:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.