- State of Ohio certificate/license (preferred).
- Coaching and administrative abilities.
- Required attendance at a sports medicine credit inservice (3 and/or 6 hours).
- Ability to relate to and inspire young athletes.
- Organizational skills/resources to enhance the program.
- Able to get along with other coaches.
- Knowledge of sport with emphasis on fundamentals.
- Knowledge of training and conditioning techniques.
- Ability to diagnose player deficiencies/prescribe corrective activities.
- Ability to make minor repairs on equipment.
- Encourage students to participate in the program and select players, managers, etc.
- Account for the condition, inventory, distribution, and procurement of all equipment, including medical supplies.
- Account for assignment of lockers and the condition of the locker room.
- Assist as needed with physical examinations for all players.
- Set strategy for games, prepare playbook and prepare statistics.
- Assist with selection of assistant coaches and evaluate them.
- Set up scouting schedules as needed.
- Account for the collection of all fees.
- Instruct and assist players in the care and prevention of injuries.
- .Report any injuries to athletic director to ensure proper paperwork is completed