Bishop Moore Catholic High School is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Softball Coach. This position is a seasonal position with a stipend. The role of the assistant coach is to be responsible for not only assisting the head coach in managing the student-athletes participating but also creating and developing an overarching vision and culture for the entire program. This includes character development, skill development, and student maturation, in addition to providing an appreciation for achieving a high level of discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in softball.
- Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.
- Instill sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, and facilities, including protecting students from hazing/bullying.
- Maintain and secure all softball equipment and uniforms.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- 2-4 years of experience coaching softball.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check.
- Upon employment, the individual will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.