Charlotte Country Day School, an independent coeducational day school located in Charlotte, NC, is currently recruiting for a softball program head / head varsity softball coach to begin work with the spring 2022 season. This is a part-time, year-round position with hours varying according to season. Off-season workouts will begin in early December; formal practices will begin in mid-February.
- Supervision and instruction of varsity softball student-athletes during all team activities.
- Development of a long-term softball program vision, plan, and teaching curriculum.
- Ongoing hiring, management, and evaluation of softball program coaching staff.
- Development and oversight of softball program budget.
- Development of softball practice and competition schedules, including summer activities.
- Maintenance and upkeep of softball program equipment and apparel.
- Regular communication with team parents / athletics program staff regarding program activities.
- Attendance at required softball program, athletics program, and school meetings.
- Successful candidates must have significant experience coaching at the high school, club, or collegiate level.
- Candidates must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics in an independent school setting, vision and creativity, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Additionally, candidates must complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain prior to the start of their season current First Aid and CPR certification.
It is the policy of Charlotte Country Day School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy extends to recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, training, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.