Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school for over 1,900 students from lower income. The school’s mission is to nurture and educate the students’ so each one can reach his or her full potential. MHS provides enrolled students a multitude of opportunities, including numerous athletic options with access to state-of-the-art athletic facilities led by a committed coaching staff.
MHS is currently seeking a Softball Varsity Assistant Coach for a one-year ancillary position at the High School. The assistant coach is responsible for co-leading the program year-round to develop students athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. The season runs from March through May, with daily practices Monday – Friday 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm and occasional Saturdays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and lead a team of coaches.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate & influence in cross-functional settings.