The Special Assistant to the Head Coach for Men's Basketball reports to the Head Coach. This position is responsible for the organization of the day-to-day operations of the Basketball program. This position assists the Head Basketball Coach in all phases of planning, developing, and promoting a highly competitive Division I program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Eastern Illinois University, the Ohio Valley Conference and the NCAA.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Eastern Illinois Men's Basketball.
- Anticipate and satisfy all logistical needs of the basketball program.
- Manage and direct basketball GA, interns, student assistants, volunteers and managers.
- Serve as liaison between the basketball office and the athletic department: academic services, athletic communications, marketing, compliance, ticket office, business office, sports medicine, equipment, strength and conditioning.
- Serve as liaison between campus units including housing and dining, financial aid, camps and conferences, UPD.
- Coordinate team travel logistics and itineraries.
- Organize and coordinate NBA relations.
- Assist with the monitoring and support of student-athletes in the areas of: financial aid, housing, and meal arrangements.
- Coordinate and communicate all practice schedules with all supporting offices.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Possess 2 years of basketball operations experience or comparable experience and/or basketball playing experience.
- Must be organized and have ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks.
- Work a highly variable schedule including nights and weekends; Must be service and solution-oriented, placing program needs ahead of individual needs; Knowledge of NCAA rules preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience promoting inclusive excellence is required.
Eastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran - committed to achieving a diverse community.