Administers and plans physical therapy treatment and programs to students as assigned; evaluates students' functional status and plans an appropriate treatment program to achieve short and long range goals that are measurable and realistic.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited program of Physical Therapy.
- Certification to practice in Georgia as evidenced by current licensure as a Physical Therapist by the Georgia State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience; experience working with children is desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines eligibility of service and recommends direct or consultative delivery if needed.
- Plans, organizes, and implements individual physical therapy programs of service for students at the school level.
- Leads the students in individual, as well as groups, in activities to emphasize the development and strengthening of gross motor skills that are designed to achieve increased muscle strength, mobility, and endurance to facilitate the functioning and learning of students with disabilities.
- Recommends modifications and assists with addressing physical needs of students in regard to technology (positioning, standing, etc.).
- Observes students' reactions and progress and keep records to be included in case histories.
- Attends in-service training.
- Attends regular physical therapy staff and team meetings to plan, evaluate and assess treatment programs.