The City of Lakewood is currently recruiting variable employees for this position. A variable employee is an at-will employee who works in a seasonal or temporary capacity. Their work schedule is based on business need. This position would be a part-time non benefitted position.
- Instruct individuals with disabilities and able-bodied individuals 8 years or older in the fundamental skills of basketball and Unified Basketball.
- Assist with developing and implementing a lesson plan for every practice.
- Prepare practice set-up and clean-up afterwards.
- Communicate necessary information to program participants.
- Supervise program and participants on-site at all times. Work practices, meets and league play, when appropriate.
- Attend coaches’ meetings and communicate with R.I.S.E. Coordinator, Program Specialist, and Field Supervisors as needed.
- Collect and verify roster and participant contact information as needed.
- Lead activities with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications within thirty days of hire.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License preferred.
- Some High School (Diploma or equivalent preferred).
- Some College.
- Education in working with people with disabilities preferred.