- Under the direction of the installation CYS coordinator, serves as a Sports and Fitness (S/F) Director with overall responsibility for the operation, integration, coordination, and oversight of a comprehensive CYS Sports and Fitness Program.
- Responsible for the development of a broad volunteer program which includes recruiting, training, certifying, and managing coaches and officials for various sports.
- Ensures staff and volunteers follow risk management procedures (i.e., abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures; accident prevention, etc.). Monitors adult/participant ratios to ensure proper staffing policies are enforced.
- Initiates and maintains necessary relationships with local schools, community agencies and other like groups. Develops and maintains partnerships beneficial to CYS program participants.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on installation Child and Youth Services sports and fitness issues. Prepares reports, surveys, and briefings for command and installation on matters pertaining to CYS.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position.
- Proof of education is required at the time of application.
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with ARs 215-3, 2-15j, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required.
- Must possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis. Must obtain/maintain certification in CPR/First Aid.