The position supports the work, growth, and sustainability of adult and youth programming at the Y. The Programs and Sports Director will oversee the development and operations of youth sport programs, adult sport programs, and family programming at the Bath Area Family YMCA. All while ensuring programs meet their intended goals.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Requirement within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
- the community.
- Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Manages and develops youth and adult sport programs.
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing programs/activities, establishing new programs/activities, and expanding the programs within the community as needed along with meeting strategic goals.
- Attends weekly ESLT meetings and weekly direct report meetings to include full participation, preparation, and engagement during scheduled meetings.
- Participates in all Director on Duty assignments to support the building and all staff.
- Compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and participation of programs.
- Develop and submit timely budgets, to include staying within the parameters of the approved calendar year budget. Also, the accurate submission of forecasts and reforecast as required.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate.
- Adhere to all risk management and safety policies, reporting any inconsistencies.