This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA programs.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Two years related experience preferred.
- Minimum age 21.
- CDL or ability to obtain CDL within 60 days of hire.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- YMCA Team Leader or above certification.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule primarily including nights and weekends.
- Directs and supervises youth/adult sports, summer day camp, special events and YGuide activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Assists with the supervision and oversight of the after school program including transportaion.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activites and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including organizing and scheduling program registrations.
- Develops and monitors program budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.