- Degree in Sports Management, recreation or related degree a plus.
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role, sports related preferred.
- Previous experience hiring, supervising, and development of staff.
- Previous experience developing and managing a budget.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification within 60 days of hire.
- Mandated Reporter Training within 60 days of hire.
- Shaken Baby Training within 60 days of hire.
- Recruit, hire and train all staff and volunteers relating to assigned programs.
- Develop and supervise youth and adult sports & camp programs, tournaments, special interest classes, and gym schedules at multiple locations.
- Develop and manage the department budget.
- Create and implement new programs that meet the needs of the community and the goals and objectives of youth and adult sports & camp programs as set forth by the South Wood County YMCA.
- Represent the association and maintain relationships in a professional manner with organizations such as City Recreation Department and local school districts.
- Build and implement an adequate marketing strategy to assure the success of youth and adult sports programs.
- Administer all aspects of the youth and adult sport programs, including, but not limited to: Basketball, soccer, volleyball, baseball, football, pickleball, tradition camp programs and summer camp.