The Sports Coach is responsible for leading sports classes and coaching leagues to ensure that the program criteria and objectives are carried out. The incumbent is responsible for implementing curriculum, as assigned. The Sports Coach provides a safe, enjoyable experience to all program participants.
- Set up and lead team sports activities including all scheduled classes, practices and games.
- Lead special programs and activities as required.
- Attend all coach meetings.
- Communicate important information regarding classes, practices and games to all players.
- Adhere to YMCA policies, rules and objectives.
- Follow emergency procedures and complete accident reports as necessary.
- Maintain and assume responsibility for all sports equipment.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and lead by example among volunteers, team parents and participants to support the responsibilities of the officials and sports leadership.
- Work to establish and improve team unity and spirit.
- Coaching experience at any level (preferably two (2) years of exp).
- Working knowledge of designated sport.
- Ability to complete online concussion training within 30 days of hire.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, dependable and organized.
- Ability and interest in working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
The Y of the North is committed to the work and everyday practices of eliminating disparities and eradicating of unjust systems to become a multicultural, anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization. YMCA of the North team members and volunteers must exemplify the association’s mission, vision and values of caring, equity, honesty, respect and responsibility.