The Sports Director provides leadership and support for the YMCA of Wichita Falls. The Sports Director will recruit and supervise mission driven employees and ensure excellence in Y best practices in operation of the Sports department. Regular interaction with employees, leadership, members, and other business associates in an outgoing, friendly, and courteous manner is essential.
- Manages, directs and supervises the sports/program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and supervises Sports Department part-time staff and volunteers.
- Monitors daily sports operations to adhere to all standards set forth by the YMCA of Wichita Falls.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of equipment. Secures and schedules sports facilities.
- Maintains positive relationships with contract vendors.
- Creates new program opportunities in all areas including those that are underserved in the Wichita Falls community.
- Act as the liaison to community leaders/volunteers and ensure that shared facilities are upheld to the standards set by both parties.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport and Recreation Management, Education, or related field preferred.
- Highly motivated, organized, personable, enthusiastic, displaying strong leadership abilities.
- Two year’s Y program experience preferred.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Must pass a background check.