This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Sports Director is responsible for but not limited to program operation, program development and growth, participant satisfaction, member and staff retention and safety, staff supervision, onboarding, training, and coaching. As a Sports Director at the Y, you lead an environment that is inviting and serves all.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Certified CPR/First Aid/AED within designated time of hire.
- Minimum 2 years related experience required.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision. Organized and detail-oriented.
- Adept computer skills in Office 365.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekend, and holidays.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Drives strong recruitment, development, and succession planning processes to insure the hiring, professional development and retention of high-quality staff.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of relative program equipment. Secures and schedules program facilities.
- Ensures the implementation of the Risk Management program to ensure safe facilities and programs for members, volunteers and staff.