The Sports Director provides leadership and management of sports programming within the Family Center. The Sports Director manages member participation and retention through the development and execution of sports programs to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; sports management, recreation management, physical education or related field of study preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in sports or customer service related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in staff supervision and leadership preferred.
- YMCA sports or operations experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel within Central Florida. Must have valid Florida driver license.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse populations and all levels of management, employees, volunteers and members.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Implement youth and adult sports programs that promote retention of existing members and engagement of new members.
- Direct staff to support sports initiatives to achieve retention goals.
- Analyze data, systems and processes to recognize growth and retention opportunities within the Sports department.
- Ensure proper implementation of sports schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for member/staff connections. Collaborate and work effectively with all departments to achieve desired results.
- Identify and employ best practices in systems and technology to support effective management of the Sports department.
- Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance sports participation and member retention.
- Establish systems for regularly scheduled gym and equipment inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times.