The Sports Director produces and anchors sports reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
- Produces and presents sports reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Works closely with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Shoots video for sports reports.
- Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
- Maintains video equipment.
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum five years' experience in sports reporting or anchoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.