The Sports Director is primarily responsible for the design and implementation of all sports, youth and adult, initiatives, and programs for the successful achievement of the goals set forth in the branch budgets. Regional Sports Director will be responsible to hire, train and supervise the Sports staff and will play a key role in the success of the overall branch goals by promoting membership value through quality program offerings and member experience for the communities.
- Develop and implement a plan for sports program growth in alignment with branch budget goals and association initiatives.
- Assume responsibility of overall supervision of all sports programs including but not limited to Youth Sports platforms, Adult Sports platforms, and potentially Sports camps during summer season.
- Effectively manage budgets; hold staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule, supervise, and evaluate the member experience department and employees and volunteers.
- Review and evaluate staff performance.
- Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Monitor progress towards branch’s goals by running and reviewing all necessary reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, physical education, exercise psychology, behavioral science, or a health-related field and 3+ years of experience is the sports field OR 5+ years of experience in the sports field.
- 1+ years of supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and implement safety standards in all program activities.
- Strong Human Relations and Conflict Management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage information to program participants, community leaders, and volunteers and staff of all ages.
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships with all stakeholders.