The Jorgensen Family YMCA has an opening for a Full-Time Sports Director. Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, the ideal candidate has a passion for impacting the lives of adults and local youth with quality sports programming and community involvement. A successful director will be a detail-oriented, effective listener, a strong team builder, and passionate about serving others.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- Two to three years of related experience, preferably within the YMCA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred. A combination of equivalent work experience, education, and training may be considered.
- Previous experience building a team, running programs, and supervising others is preferred.
- Ability to relate to, welcome, and communicate with diverse groups of people regardless of age, race, economic status, religion, or cultural differences.
- Develop: Expand current programs to support youth and adult engagement while promoting program growth.
- Connect: Interact with members and guests to strengthen relationships with community organizations.
- Serve: Supervise volunteers and part-time staff while also supporting the overall objectives of the YMCA.