The Sports Director is responsible for the development and operations of various sports programs at the Grand Traverse Bay YMCA including Youth and Adult Sports. This position will focus on high quality, innovative programs that will grow the local impact, and engage more members in YMCA sport programs. In addition, the Sports Director will administrate tasks as they relate to the sports and membership, budgeting, staff supervision and mentoring, facilities and equipment, grants and campaign involvement.
- Develop, implement and promote dynamic quality programs while expanding current programs to support youth and adult engagement.
- Oversee Adult Sports including but not limited to Men and Women’s Basketball, High School Girls Basketball and Men’s/Women’s and Co-Ed Softball.
- Organize and execute Youth Sports including but not limited to Middle School Basketball, Lacrosse, Pop Warner and all youth tournaments.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers needed for sports programming.
- Develop, manages and controls budgets related to the position while ensuring programs operate within budget.
- Ensure that YMCA program standards are met, and safety procedures are followed.
- At least 21 years of age.
- 5 years of experience in sports programming planning and execution preferably within a YMCA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred or a combination of equivalent work experience, education and training.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to relate well to the public.
- Strong understanding of the YMCA mission and have a strong desire to deliver quality service to the community that will help recruit and retain program participants.
- Exceptional organizational skills.