This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Sports Director at Eau Claire YMCA Sports Center oversees the development and operations of various programs, such as healthy living, teens, child care, active aging, membership and/or other programs and designs practices, processes, and procedures for strong program and project management.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Supports a variety of activities related to the general operations of the facility, youth programs and sport leagues. As a member of the YMCA Sports Center team, you will be expected to contribute when and where assistance is needed.
- Works hand-in-hand with Youth Program Director and all YMCA Sports Center facility staff.
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Manages each program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the needed facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, activities or events.