This position reports to the Assistant Director for Intercollegiate Athletics and is part of the Recreation and Athletics Administrative Team. The position supports the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program and the larger division of Student Affairs by promoting Evergreen’s athletic programs, fostering success in competition, and creating a positive college experience for student-athletes academically, athletically, and socially.
- Manage sports information for Evergreen’s Intercollegiate Athletics, which include Men’s & Women’s Soccer, Men’s & Women’s Basketball, Men’s & Women’s Wrestling, Men’s & Women’s Track & Field, and Men’s & Women’s Cross-Country, and Women’s Volleyball.
- Develop relationships with CCC and NAIA colleagues and media both locally and nationally to enhance coverage of Evergreen Athletic programs and events.
- Maintain active membership in CoSIDA and NAIA SIDA.
- Write weekly press releases summarizing contest information and highlighting accomplishments of student athletes.
- Nominate student athletes for honors including weekly CCC Player of the Week, Academic All CCC, NAIA Daktronics Scholar Athletes, CoSIDA Academic All American, Hall of Fame, and sport-specific honors.
- Develop regular promotional materials, including posters, media guides, printed programs, and brochures to increase program and student athlete visibility.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to track official statistics for each sport.
- Skill and ability in sports marketing and promotional plans and information distribution, including writing for and utilizing social media, developing website content, live feeds, and uploads and publication materials, such as brochures and programs.
- Extensive knowledge of each sport (soccer, volleyball, wrestling, cross-country, basketball, and outdoor track and field), including rules, terminology, schedules, etc.
- Ability to communicate respectfully and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and foster a climate of equity and belonging.
- Ability to collect and present data, including student-athlete biographical data and statistical information.