The Sports Information Director is a key member of the YU athletics administrative team and serves as the main point of contact with local, national, and international media. This person helps market the overall program by maintaining the athletics website and social media channels. He/She will have supervisory responsibility for work-study students.
- Website management by promoting and publicizing the University's 15 NCAA Division III sports.
- Promote Athletics through Social Media; www.YUmacs.com; and various other media outlets.
- Gather and Report Statistics to the NCAA and Skyline Conference.
- Work directly with head coaches and all Student-Athletes on the Wilf & Beren Campus.
- Write and publish feature stories; game recaps; biographical information and end-of-season wrap-ups.
- Develop game day programs.
- Oversee and train student staff to work home athletic events.
- Oversee video streams and uploads for home basketball, volleyball, and soccer matches.
- Responsible for ensuring national, regional, and all-conference voting.
Experience & Education Background:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2-3 years experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in sports information; either as a SID or an Assistant SID at an NCAA 4-year institution.
- Certified in CPR/First Aid.