The Sports Information Director is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the department’s athletic communications office, including, but not limited to, statistical record-keeping, website maintenance, social media coordination, video webcasting services, photo/video editing, media relations oversight, event management, award nominations, staff/student-athlete profiles, and special event coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains responsibility for oversight and direction of all athletic communications, media relations, and public relations for the Athletics Department.
- Supervises student employees and/or interns.
- Serves as primary liaison between athletics staff/student-athletes and media outlets.
- Produces electronic/printed content to promote the department’s athletics programs, student-athletes, home athletic events, fundraising efforts, and community service initiatives.
- Updates and maintains athletics website and historical archives/record books.
- Oversees and provides content for all athletically related social media platforms and accounts.
- Produces post-game interviews, video highlight packages, and information graphics.
- Compiles and submits statistics and team results in accordance with guidelines set by the NCAA, RMAC, and affiliated organizations.
- Completes nomination process for weekly and yearly athletic and academic awards.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Experience: One (1) year in Athletics Communication.