The Coordinator, Athletic Events & Sports Information (SID) creates the fan experience at athletic events. The role coordinates with the Marketing and Communication Department to manage publicity and media relations; publishes all sports schedules and brochures; produces and updates statistics; maintains the departmental web page and performs additional duties as may be required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and manages a schedule of fan experiences and events for all athletic contests.
- Coordinates game management processes and workers.
- Supervises statistical records for teams and maintains required reports.
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure the athletic department and its student athletes as well as the alumni and community connections are highlighted as a vibrant part of SSU.
- Plans the events and experiences selected.
- Uses student and community resources to create the experience.
- Develops partnerships and sponsorship opportunities with all constituencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise with the use of web hosting sites (for SID Help), integration of social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), and the use of statistical software (i.e., Dakstats, StatCrew).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills necessary in order to coordinate department activities, prepare and disseminate sports information, and to lead assigned staff.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary for the coordination and maintenance of facilities and the development and evaluation of services.