The University of Indianapolis is accepting applications for a Sports Information Director. This is a full-time, exempt staff role. The Sports Information Director is a member of the University of Indianapolis athletic department communications and media team. The position will serve as the primary and secondary media contact for a portion of the university’s 23 sports.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
- Three years’ experience in a collegiate sports information office is required (internships and educational experience will be considered).
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) are required.
- Ability to work on deadlines required.
- Extensive experience producing engaging social media content on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook is required.
- Proficiency in NCAA Genius software, StatCrew and/or Presto Stats is preferred.
- Serve as primary and secondary media contact for a portion of the University’s 23 varsity sports (sport assignment will be based on knowledge/experience).
- Produce and coordinate editorial content for the athletics website, UIndyAthletics.com, including game recaps, regular season/postseason/game previews, various other press releases, feature stories, student-athlete bios, et al.
- Record, report and maintain official NCAA statistics.
- Generate content for various social media platforms.
- Work closely with athletic administrators, coaches and student-athletes, as well as other SIDs at both the institution and conference level.
- Create and edit athletic publications and recruiting materials.