Texas A&M University - Texarkana is seeking to find an outstanding candidate for the Sports Information Director. This position ensures that information about the University's intercollegiate athletics programs is available to the public in a timely and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and directs a comprehensive program of sports coverage which focuses on both competitive and non-competitive activities and includes information on student-athletes and teams.
- Provides information to electronic and print media outlets, develops publications for sports programs.
- Maintains statistical data, records, and history on current and past student-athletes and teams.
- Develops and maintains an effective presence on the web and with the most appropriate forms of new media.
- Assists in the maintenance of the official athletic web site.
- Assists with game-day operations, including media relations, game management and statistical services.
- Trains and supervises graduate students, student workers and game-day staff.
- This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of in-game statistical programs.
- Knowledge desktop media and other software programs.