Under the direction of the Program Director, the Sports Instructor plans and teaches various Youth Sports to participants ages 3 through 17. In addition, this individual will act as liaison between the director and the staff, dispersing group communications.
- Develops and plan age-appropriate Youth Sports for YMCA participants.
- Partner with the Program Director to coordinate and promote the Y’s Youth Sports throughout the community.
- Plans, supervises and implements programs in accordance with YMCA of South Florida core values, policies, and Risk Management and Safety procedures.
- Demonstrates, models and gears program to the needs of individual children with concerns for their interests, disabilities, special talents, and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Ensures that the arrangement, appearance, decor, and environment of the classroom are safe and conducive to learning.
- Maintains excellent communication with parents regarding youth sports, progress, achievements and / or concerns.
- Attends YMCA functions such as staff meetings and program events.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching various Youth Sports to children.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- State approved CPR/ First Aid/ AED certification must be current, or obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, a plus.