Current Global is looking for a Director – Client Experience for our expanding sports practice. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in sports marketing, with NASCAR and racing experience a priority. This person must understand the earned media landscape, including how to best drive coverage through fully integrated campaigns.
- Lead multiple client projects and/or workstreams, facilitating cross-functional team integration.
- Translate communications strategy into relevant, timely and engaging story narratives.
- Successfully manage client expectations, ensuring adherence to objectives, goals, timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Build strong client relationships, confidence, and trust.
- Develop client communications, key messaging, and related materials.
- Proactively support and suggest improvements and innovative ideas to exceed client expectations by leveraging sports industry knowledge and experience.
- Keep a pulse on the sports news cycle and trends to ensure we are seizing opportunities for clients to be culturally relevant and impactful.
- Represent the agency and clients with journalists and influencers to illicit positive, productive, and purposeful coverage.
- 6-8 years of experience, with some agency experience.
- Strong knowledge of sports and sports marketing.
- NASCAR/racing experience
- Trusted, personal relationships with sports media, influencers and talent agents
- Ability to translate client needs into workable plans/projects.
- Strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Confident presenter and engaging speaker.
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or citizenship status.