Duke University Athletics Association is seeking a qualified candidate for the Director of Olympic Sports Nutrition position. The Director of Olympic Sports Nutrition oversees the provision of nutrition related services to Division I student-athletes at Duke University.
- Coordinate/manage quantity food production and distribution, such as developing and managing training table menus, catering, and meals during team travel.
- Provide nutritional counseling and educational programming for individual student-athletes and teams.
- Conduct nutritional assessments and screenings for individuals and teams.
- Implement sports team nutritional plans, including consultation on team meals and fueling strategies based on schedule/activities.
- Work with members of all coaching staffs, the strength and conditioning staff, the athletic medicine staff, the behavioral health staff, and related student-athlete service providers to ensure a collaborative and comprehensive approach to training, nutrition and recovery, as well as aiding in the treatment of diet and nutritional related medical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. Master degree in Nutrition or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of collegiate sports nutrition, with 6-10 years of nutrition experience.
- Must be a registered Dietitian or Registered dietitian nutritionist bBoard Certified as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). Licensed dietitian/ nutritionist.