The Assistant Director of Football Sports Nutrition, will help design, direct and facilitate programming relating to the role of nutrition for The Notre Dame Football student athletes to assist in enhancing athletic performance and overall well-being. This position will assist the Associate Director of Sports Nutrition for Football in fueling and educating the Notre Dame Football program.
- Complete body composition assessments, interpret data, and translate findings alongside the use of current research into practical insights that encourage optimal athletic performance and wellness.
- Complete sweat testing/hydration testing and provide hydration recommendations as needed.
- Assess nutritional status and dietary habits of student-athletes, provide medical nutrition therapy counseling / appropriate nutrition intervention.
- Give referrals and necessary updates to all relevant Sports Performance staff members.
- Evaluate nutrition related laboratory values and supplement in accordance to Departmental protocols.
- Identify the need for and coordinate care with Sports Psychology regarding disordered eating behaviors.
- Monitor metrics / document encounters in EMR program.
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- 1 to 2 years experience working with a sports nutrition department at a Division 1 school or other noteworthy entity.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD) through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Or RD-eligible within 6-months.).
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, specifically in regards to supplements, is required.