The Town of Mammoth Lakes is looking for skilled Sports Officials to join our team this winter season as Ice Hockey Referees! Referees are responsible for officiating adult co-ed and youth ice hockey games. If you have a passion for the sport of hockey, you're looking for some extra work, and want to join a team of dedicated Parks & Recreation employees,!
- Enforce the rules of play on the ice during games.
- Make calls and instruct players on the rules of games.
- Provide communication to and from coaches, participants, and spectators.
- Maintain a safe and positive playing environment.
- Complete required reports and records.
- Notify Recreation Supervisor of any problems or concerns regarding facilities, equipment, participants, coaches, or spectators.
- Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade is required.
- A strong background in ice hockey and ability to competently ice skate is required.
- One year of referee experience, or experience in recreational or child-related activities and programs is preferred.