Bishop Moore Catholic High School is seeking applicants for the position of Sports Performance Coach. This position is a stipend contract through the institution, like other coaching roles. The role of this staff member is to be responsible for the coordination and facilitation of additional strength and wellness training for Bishop Moore Catholic athletic programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise within The Moore Center for Excellence weight room and wellness facility, engaging various athletic teams with need-specific training.
- Educate student-athletes on physical fitness, strength training, conditioning, and other forms of well-being specific to the sports they play.
- Apply and enforce student discipline in the weight room, promoting proper technique and safety when utilizing or operating any training equipment.
- Serve as a point of contact and supervisor for coaches, alumni, and special guests seeking to utilize the weight room or athletic complex for workouts.
- Facilitate and record all necessary forms, waivers, and procedures for facility usage as needed.
- Create, coordinate, and submit monthly inventory reports for all athletic programs utilizing the weight and equipment rooms within The Moore Center for Excellence.
Education and Experience:
- Certified in strength and conditioning.
- 2-4 years of experience coordinating athletic strength and conditioning programs.
- Must meet the training needs of 19 varsity sports ranging from football, basketball, and baseball to girls' soccer, softball, and track, and field.
- Must possess effective interpersonal skills.
- Must possess knowledge of The Moore Center facility and greater athletic complex.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Must be organized and able to compile data on various facets of athletic logistics.