The University at Buffalo, department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a 12 month Sports Performance Coach to organize and develop annual plans for designated Division I teams. This position will supervise and lead designated teams and individuals through properly designed strength and conditioning regimes.
- Design and implement a comprehensive strength and conditioning program as related to injury prevention and performance enhancement (strength development, speed development, power development, movement capacity development, etc.) for Women’s Basketball and Men’s & Women’s Sprinters/Jumpers of Track & Field.
- Regularly attend practice & competitions for assigned sports.
- Regularly travel to away competitions with Women’s Basketball.
- Track progress of student-athletes and provide information on a frequent basis to coaching staff. maintain a structured training program and environment.
- Teach sport performance techniques and knowledge to student-athletes and coaches in order to develop them physically and help them win championships on the field of play.
- Support the well-being of the student-athlete. Offer information and feedback to student-athletes and coaching in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a field related to Exercise Science, Physiology, Kinesiology or related fields.
- Experience developing and maintaining strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes at the intercollegiate level, Division I preferred. Current certifications from NSCA or CSCCa, CPR, AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of the NCAA and Mid-American Conference.