Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate to be a Sports Performance Coach working with Olympic Sports. This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits. The position is responsible for designing, implementing, conducting, and monitoring sports performance programs for the Track & Field, Field Hockey, and Men’s Tennis programs.
- Design and implement sports performance programs for assigned teams.
- Communicate and collaborate with sport coaches and support staff to meet the various needs of student-athletes on assigned teams.
- Develop recovery and wellness programs to support performance goals in conjunction with staff in other team support areas.
- Work with sport science staff to track and monitor assessment data and performance, wellness, and readiness metrics relevant to each team’s programs.
- Assist with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to student-athletes.
- Assist in scheduling teams and monitoring the Scott Family Athletics Performance Facility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or related field.
- Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification.
- Minimum of 3 years as a sports performance coach at the collegiate or professional level
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Professional demeanor and high standard of ethics and integrity pertaining to collegiate athletics.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with a variety of teams, coaches, athletic medicine and nutrition professionals, and support staff.