The Sports Science Fellow will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and communicating athlete workloads, physical performance, and readiness on a daily basis. This may include athlete monitoring during weightlifting, practices, and games. The fellow will be imbedded within the team setting and function as a key member of the athlete support system.
- Lead data collection, analysis, and communication of a comprehensive athlete monitoring system.
- Technology utilized includes but not limited to Catapult, Force Decks, NordBord, Force Frame, Body Weights, Subjective Questionnaires.
- Collaborate with athletic medicine, sport performance, nutrition, behavior health and coaching staff to optimize athlete health, wellness, and performance.
- Contribute insight within the athletic department Sports Science Committee.
- Provide insight/feedback to customize data management software.
- Construct an innovative capstone project to publish and/or present at a scholarly conference.
Education And/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Science, Exercise Science, Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, or other related academic field.
- Exposure working in a high-level athletic setting.
- Experience working with athlete monitoring technologies (GPS, Force Plate, Wellness Questionnaires, Body Weights).
- Previous interdisciplinary work and communication within a comprehensive high-performance environment.