The Sports Scientist will monitor and interpret individual and team training data while providing knowledgeable feedback to medical, performance, and technical departments. They will use training data to offer recommendations on team training periodization, and produce individual and team reports on training and match day data.
- Promote a professional image of the club, the SCC/FC and the position at all times.
- Contribute in identifying and undertaking initiatives aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the position and service delivery.
- Develop/improve the policies and procedures of the team with the aim of creating a business-like organization that maximizes resources.
- Maintain and develop appropriate electronic systems/working practices for the benefit of the service.
- Work with and support other team members as required, ensuring effective and efficient service is developed and delivered.
- Be committed to delivering excellent service.
- Understand and be committed to equalities and diversity and to respect others’ values and beliefs. Treat others with dignity and respect.
- associated with them for the specified discipline service area.
- Maintain all required certifications (i.e. CPR/AED/First Aid, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, Functional Movement Systems, XPS, etc.)
- Demonstrate and maintain in-depth knowledge of data collection, database management, analysis and reporting of performance data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, with ability to learn the use of technology platforms and Athlete Management Systems
- Work in a variety of environments with many distractions and noise.
- Work both as part of a team & on own initiative & possess effective time management skills.
- Maintain strong interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, other team personnel and NWSL staff.
- Expected to seek ways of updating and improving personal skills, knowledge, and understanding relevant to your own position. The Thorns will undertake regular appraisal interviews with all staff in order to address individual personal development needs and to produce a training and development plan for the club.
- Maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of theory/practice/trends and the legal/ethical issues associated with them for the specified discipline service area.