The Head Coach has the duties and responsibilities commonly associated with this position, including (but not limited to) the following, which are performed directly or through the proper delegation of authority, within the framework of the general laws of New Jersey, the regulations of the NJ State Department of Education, the policies and rules of the Nutley School District, and the terms of the contract with the Nutley Education Association, with all of which he/she is expected to be familiar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide athletes with team goals, standards of performance and code of conduct.
- Promoting the general welfare of the team and help student athletes achieve both team and personal goals.
- Interview and hire and evaluate qualified individuals that will best fit the Nutley program.
- Delegate proper authority to all staff members making sure they understand their role and job description.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practices, training and competition in order to properly prepare for week-to-week opponents.
- Direct all aspect, areas and components of the their program (i.e. defense, offense, and various individual positions).
- Coordinating all strategic aspects of the program.
- Represent program at various in and out of school events, programs, and responsibilities. Including but not limited to fundraising, student activities groups, parents, media, public relations.
- Manage daily operations of their program, as well as direct, supervise and coordinate all administrative aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of their sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of college recruitment methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of NJSIAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to lead and guide high school athletes in area of specialty.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to make administrative /procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.