- Assumes responsibility for organizing, coaching and administering the total Track Program.
- Follows the policies and procedures in the Athletic Department Staff Handbook.
- Adheres to the adopted policies of the Bellingham School Committee.
- Follows sound coaching practices in teaching all skills including aspects of health and safety.
- Assumes responsibility for equipment inventory.
- Enforces disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior.
- Promotes and encourages maximum student participation and behavior.
- Assists in planning inter-school scrimmages and non-league games.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Assistant Coach.
- Dedication to the School, to the Student-Athlete and to the Athletic Program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the sport and the ability to demonstrate and teach individual skills.
- Ability to motivate the student-athlete to maximum potential.
- Professional in appearance and actions.
- Prior experience as a Track and Field Coach preferred.
- Certification CPR, First Aid or the equivalent preferred.
- Employment as a member of the teaching staff preferred.