The Sprint Football Defensive Coordinator is responsible for planning and directing the defensive preventative scoring strategy for the football team of the college. The Defensive Coordinator will also assist in recruiting both offensive and defensive players while collaborating with the Offensive Coordinator and ultimately providing recommendations to the Head Coach.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in the organization, preparation, and implementation of appropriate defensive training and practice sessions.
- Evaluate and recruit student-athletes that fit the SMWC Football program profile by attending showcase events, recruiting events, and high school events.
- Coordinate with Head Coach, in recruiting efforts to meet recruiting goals and objectives of the Sprint Football program.
- Provide strategy in planning and conducting Summer Camps, Promotional Events, and Fundraising Events.
- Be a positive role model for our athletes to emulate. Represent the College and football program with a high degree of professionalism, sportsmanship, and integrity.
- Implement offensive strategies and recruiting strategies for short-term and long-term success.
- Provide assistance in the coordination and administration of the overall program as required.
- Represent the SMWC Athletic and Football program in a positive manner to various people, whether internal or external.
- Previous College Playing or Coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge and Experience in Athletic Recruitment methods and techniques preferred.
- Experience and ability to work with recruiting database systems.
- Knowledge and ability to operate Hudl or DVSport Football Video System.
- Knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft Office and Visio Football Playbook Platform.
- Ability to lead, guide, and be a positive role model for student athletes.
- Ability to follow directions, be organized, and carry out assignments effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with a wide range of people in a diverse environment.