To help each participating student achieve a high skill level; an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship; and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct student athletes in the skills necessary for achieving excellence in the sport.
- Maintain accurate statistics, records, and results of the season or delegates this responsibility.
- Plans and schedules a regular practice program of practice.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the practice and play facility or area when students are present.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times.
- Maintain competency in rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport, in accordance with WPIAL/PIAA regulations.
- Coordinate performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Experience as a player and/or coach.
- Experience in physical education, first-aid and CPR/sports medicine is also desirable.
- Current criminal record and child abuse clearances required.
- The coach must respect students and family’s rights to privacy and agree not to publicly share in a negative manner details of an athlete’s academic abilities or performance.