To help each participating student achieve a high skill level; an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship; and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct student athletes in the skills necessary for achieving excellence in the sport.
- Maintain accurate statistics, records, and results of the season or delegates this responsibility.
- Plans and schedules a regular practice program of practice.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the practice and play facility or area when students are present.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times.
- Maintain competency in rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport, in accordance with WPIAL/PIAA regulations.
- Coordinate performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Maintain necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Account for all equipment or delegates the responsibility.
- Develop a consistent and positive public communications procedure through the school and news media to inform the general public about the athletic program.
- Work with athletes and recruiters to promote outstanding athletes to college.
- Coordinate field/gym usage permits; transportation arrangements to away events, or delegate this responsibility.