- 1.0 Assistant Cross Country Coach
LOCATION OF POSITION - Southridge High School
POSITION OPENS: 08/19/2019
GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To carry out the objectives of the sports program as outlined by the athletic director.
2. To assist the head coach in fulfilling administrative, program coordination, and developmental duties and responsibilities.
3. To instruct participants in individual, group, and team techniques, tactics, and physical training necessary for the realization of success.
4. To implement teaching and coaching philosophies consistent with the Kennewick School District and Washington Interscholastic Activities Association mission statements.
1. Possess current First Aid/CPR cards and be versed in related preventative health and training standards.
2. Meet and maintain coaching standards as determined by the Kennewick School District and the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association.
3. High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated short and long-term organization and management skills.
- Three current recommendations.
- Demonstrated evidence of being a positive role model.
- Clearly defined philosophy for the coaching level applied for.
- Coaching experience in this sport.
- Evidence of effective public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and communicate with students, parents, assistant coaches, administrators, and community members.
- Evidence of WIAA certification, and compliance with WIAA and district rules and regulations.
**COMPLETION OF SAFE SCHOOLS WEB BASED TRAINING IS REQUIRED AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**
Kennewick School District employees are required by State law to be fingerprinted for use in a State and Federal background investigation.
Application Procedure: In-District staff must submit an on-line application by 10:00 p.m. (PST) on or before the closing date that addresses how they meet or exceed each of the qualifications.
Out-of-District applicants, in addition to addressing the qualifications in a letter of interest must also complete the District application, submit three letters of current recommendation and be prepared to provide evidence of coaching experience. All hires are subject to a satisfactory criminal background check.