The Staff Physical Therapist is an individual with an unrestricted license to practice physical therapy in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Their primary responsibility is to provide patient care on the rotation/service to which they are assigned in accordance to State licensing regulations, departmental standards and policies, and accepted professional standards of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examines and evaluates patient’s physical therapy needs. In collaboration with the patient and/or caregiver, formulates a physical therapy diagnosis, and develops a treatment plan with treatment goals directed towards maximizing function.
- Demonstrates competency in all clinical knowledge and skills specific to the patient case type(s) in assigned area of care.
- Consults with other members of the health care team to insure coordination and effectiveness of therapies provided.
- Assists in implementation of triaging, prioritizing, monitoring admissions, referrals, and discharges to and from the service as assigned.
- Manages patient caseload assigned.
- Participates in activities that directed towards increasing knowledge and skill and professional development.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited physical therapy program.
- Must possess a current unrestricted license to practice physical therapy from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.