SCCs tasks/goals at designated Army installation are to reduce medical attrition and increase Military readiness. SCCs will improve BDE readiness through Army specific functional fitness training programs, in accordance with (IAW) Field Manual (FM) 7-22 and designed to meet each BDE’s Program of Instruction (POI) requirements. Services will target musculoskeletal (MSK) injury prevention and reconditioning education services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- SCCs will work as part of the H2F Performance Team to develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive, periodized education and services program integrated and synchronized with the BDE and Battalion (BN) training calendars. Success is determined by the ability of the BDE to perform its combat mission.
- SCCs will perform services IAW the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or the Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) Scope of Practice.
- SCCs will be embedded at the BDE level. Most work will be performed in a Military training environment (i.e. fitness centers/gyms, BDE or administrative areas, outdoors, ranges, field training environments, and at the SPRC).
- SCCs will be required to observe BDE and below (i.e. BN, company, platoon, squad, team) specific training events (e.g., obstacle courses, combatives, training areas).
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university; it is highly desired that the degree is in a related field.
- Must possess a passing score from the Board of Certification (BOC) by the NSCA as a CSCS or by the CSCCA as a SCCC.
- Have three years of relevant SCC work experience within the last five years. Relevant experience is defined as developing and executing task and environment specific functional injury control and health/well-being programs for groups of athletes or DoD/Department of Homeland Security/Department of Justice entities focused on a common sport or mission performance goal. Please note - Employment related to internships or graduate work for only up to one year is considered as relevant experience.