The Intercollegiate Athletics Department at George Mason University, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Atlantic-10 Athletic Conference, is seeking qualified applicants for a Strength and Conditioning Coach position (part-time, 20 hours per week).
- Assist with all phases of the Division I Strength and Conditioning Program;
- Design, maintain and supervise a safe, efficient and effective training environment;
- Design, implement and supervise strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes;
- Work in coordination with all domains of the Frank Pettrone Center for Sports Performance (nutrition, science, sports medicine, psychology) as well as sport coaches;
- Provide general weight room supervision and maintenance;
- Maintain compliance with NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference and George Mason University rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Current Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist credential through the National Strength and Conditioning Association;
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification;
- Proficient in the instruction, assessment and implementation of a broad range of training methods and sport applications;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.