The Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for all facets of the College's varsity strength and conditioning program, primarily focusing on designing strength and conditioning programs for all varsity sports teams, providing instruction on all skills and technique to student-athletes while monitoring all student-athlete performance.
- Develop and implement strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes in all varsity programs.
- Coordinate and communicate with coaches regarding sports specific program design and progression to improve sports performance for their teams.
- Educate student-athletes to proper training and exercise technique.
- Work in conjunction with sports medicine staff to determine specific needs of individual student-athletes under their care.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in the Fitness Center.
- Work with Assistant AD for Sports Medicine on current and future equipment needs.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise Work Study students.
- Oversee and manage Fitness Center budget.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science related field.
- Certification through a nationally accredited strength and conditioning certification program.
- Minimum one year previous work experience in college athletics or health-fitness field
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, effective communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work productively with coaches, staff and student-athletes.
- Knowledge and specialized training in strength and conditioning techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituents.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified.