The Sports Trainer- Strength and conditioning coach, provides professional instruction, and exercise programming to each member and guest to maximize their athletic ability, fitness, and wellness goals while providing the highest level of customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or GED.
- One year’s experience within the fitness industry which include knowledge of machine weights, free weights, and cardio equipment.
- Prior coaching experience of various age groups.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Assess fitness by identifying short-term and long-term fitness issues using physical assessments.
- Develop fitness plans through physical assessment results by designing exercise routines, explaining fitness equipment that combine strength and cardio training, and offering nutritional guidance and accountability through goal-based tracking and monitoring.
- Effective motivation and communication skills, interpersonal skills, sales and marketing skills.
- Train, motivate and support program participants. Provide a positive experience by providing and teaching them proper techniques in free weights, strength training, and functional training exercises that support their efforts to achieve their highest athletic abilities.
- Coach clients and guests on form and movement, helping them focus on and maximize their workout and their positive experience throughout our program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain current certifications.
- Adhere to the dress code and the Kroc center Hawaii core Values.