Lake Land College invites applications for the position of Strength and Conditioning Coach. Lake Land College is a NJCAA Division 1 school and is a member of the Great Rivers Athletic Conference. The Strength and Conditioning coach is responsible for providing guidance and training to all athletic teams in the area of performance, fitness, strength training, conditioning, nutrition, and injury prevention.
- Develop overall strength and conditioning for 5 teams, including: training programs, strength programs, injury management, educational programs and fitness counseling for student-athletes.
- Oversight of the entire strength and conditioning sessions during posted/scheduled lifting time slots.
- Work in conjunction with the Athletic Trainer to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition, and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the strength and conditioning program.
- Coordinate with Director of Athletics and Athletic Trainer with any budgetary items.
- A Bachelor's Degree in kinesiology, exercise science, or a related field is required.
Experience maintaining and managing a safe weight room and cardio room. Position is ideal for new graduates seeking experience and opportunity to establish a Strength and Conditioning program.This person will need knowledge of the rules and safety requirements for strength and conditioning. This includes but is not limited to teaching technique and safety measures for student-athletes competing at the collegiate level.