The Strength and Conditioning Coach will act as a servant leader and extension of the Director of Athletics within the Shepherd Hill Athletic Department, responsible for establishing and maintaining a strength and conditioning program for all sports. The Strength and Conditioning Coach will work with all stakeholders to ensure administrative, equipment, safety, and compliance requirements are satisfied, regularly communicating with the Director of Athletics on the topics of department needs, wants, inventory, and administration, and collaboratively working to build a strong culture and well-balanced, student-first program.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in cooperation with the Certified Athletic Trainer and school nursing staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes, including, but not limited to graduated concussion return-to-play protocols.
- Coordinate with the Certified Athletic Trainer and school nursing staff to ensure injuries are appropriately referred and documented, coaches are aware of and follow guidelines, and safety equipment, student eligibility, and emergency contact information are
obtained and properly prepared and documented.
- Evaluate, maintain, supply, collect, inventory, and request repairs to athletic and/or weight room equipment, as needed, in collaboration with the Physical Education and Athletic Departments.
- Current professional certification, such as NCSA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®).
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (or willingness to acquire such).
- Strong working knowledge and teaching skills in analysis and techniques of strength training
- Strong motivational abilities.
- Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.